Sunday, May 28, 2006

Superbly Wicked Sunday

Well, I missed Wonderfully Wild and Wicked Wednesday...or whatever it was supposed to be! Truth be known, I've missed most of this month. I seem to have spent it trying to catch up with myself. My writing today is not an indication that I am caught up, but that I am avoiding everything else that needs to be done. I am actually sitting at school with a mile-long To-Do list and not enough time to do any of it. So blogging wins! :)

First of all, can I just tell you how incredibly blessed I am to have the friends that I have! And what a great Christmas gift...to be celebrated for 5 MONTHS while you anxiously await the arrival of the big event! After our 3 hour interpretation of Wicked all the way to Atlanta (thanks to Brooke's narrative recitation and Sarai's musical rendition...I was in charge of transportation and tech support) we finally made it to our AMAZING hotel room (yeah for Priceline!) where somehow, I became birds and Brooke picked up a little German.

We spent an amazing day at IKEA (See Sarai's blog for the dirt on that experience!) I became the U-Turn Queen! The Cheesecake Factory was INSANE! Nothing can be wrong with a trip to Old Navy or Bath and Body. After all of these incredible experiences, it was hard to even fathom that the best was yet to come!!!

We dressed ourselves up and made it to the theater in plenty of time. I did a superb parking job regardless of what the people in the BMW thought. :) For 2 hours and 45 minutes we were completely drawn-in to the magic of Wicked. I won't belittle the experience by saying that we "rejoycified" or that the whole place was "swankified" but I think magical is a perfect description of the evening. The show was incredible....singers, actors, set, orchestra, everything. Including the people I got to have this experience with. (Who were smart enough to buy their souvenirs (the exact same shirts, keychains, hats, etc.) for a fraction of the cost at which they were offered to us at the theater....we are brilliant, ladies.) It was an amazing night. And to be able to go "home" to our hotel room and have more treasure from the Cheesecake Factory - it was the perfect ending to the perfect day.

To finish the weekend up with breakfast from Cracker Barrel and more singing and shopping was also perfect. It was a great trip. It was a wonderful experience. I'm just glad to have shared it with P-friends! ;) Love you girls!

Ok...look soon for the top ten list! It's gonna happen! :)

Now...must go finish getting my classroom ready for some end of grade testing tomorrow. UGH!!!

No comments: