Saturday, December 13, 2008

'Tis the Season

to be stressed?? Maybe. All I know is that I am really trying to take steps to stop it before it gets out of control. I spent all day at school today. Everything is ready for school for the entire week so that at least gets us through the rest of the year. Aside from daily grading, I think I'm set there. Tomorrow, I'll spend the entire day practicing the cantata. Actually, I'll spend part of the time rewriting it and the rest of the time practicing it. I'll be very happy when it is over. I am really starting to resent these things that make me wish away this holiday season. I'm not sure what the answer is. I've asked Dad if we can't spend just a few minutes each rehearsal on a different cantata song throughout the year - learning a song a month. I think it makes a lot of sense. He doesn't. So next year, I'll wave my arms around and HE can play. I'm not saying his job is easy...but it isn't quite as easy to spot his mistakes as it is mine!!! My biggest fear is that the cantata will not be what it should be because of me. That's not fair to those who have put it in all the hours at practices and extra sectional rehearsals. No pressure!

The next big stresser is the gift buying. I am usually finished shopping by now. This year, I haven't even started!!!!!!!!!!!!! That doesn't stress me out as much as the fact that I can't think of a time I am free to go shopping until December 20th! Then there's the wrapping!!! I don't want to buy a gift because it is convenient. I like well thought out gifts. I love finding those perfect things. I don't know that there is time to do that this year.

Then there's the travel. Not only do we need to be ready for Christmas here...we need to be ready to travel another 10 hours and have Christmas with family. I soooo want to be there. I sooooo don't want to go. Didn't we JUST get out of the car for Thanksgiving?

On a POSITIVE note, let me just say that my new favorite Christmas song is You're Here by Francesca Battistelli. I have yet to listen to it that it doesn't just move me to tears. I just can't imagine what Mary must have been thinking....but to notice his tiny hands and to know that someday He would stretch out those hands and save the world....that's just AMAZING! And because of reminders like that I am praying that I can let go of all of this other STUFF and really find and keep the focus of the reason for this season.

1 comment:

friendbrooke at everyday blessings said...

Friend...maybe we should plan a marathon shopping trip like we did last year! And as for your new favorite song....it is now mine too! Love you:)