Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Step One

Well, I'm taking charge and making changes. In just a few hours I will be going to church to teach Sign Language Class. This is something I used to love to do. It got to be an extension of my school day when it stopped being an adult/older youth class and became a middle school class. I dread it every Wednesday. I don't enter into this class with an attitude of service or love or patience or anything that I should. I didn't feel God telling me to start this class again. I was much happier when I ended it the first time. I was cajoled into starting it by a few people (parents mostly) and am now miserable because I know it isn't what I am supposed to be doing. So tonight, I am announcing that this will be our last class. When God tells me to start it back, I will be glad to do so! And hopefully He will tell me to start an ADULT ONLY class. (Not that I am trying to tell God what to do!!)

So....pray for me as I go do something I hate to do: let other people down. It's just something that has to change.

1 comment:

saraiwithani said...

I'm proud of you! You know what...other people can teach sign language. No one else can be you when you've overextended yourself to the point of nervous breakdowns. So, way to stand up for you!