Monday, April 03, 2006

Catch-up? Are you kidding?

Yeah, my first thought is to play catch-up. (That's like: have burgers and CATCH UP not: have burgers and ketchup!)

My second thought is, are you kidding? I would NEVER catch-up from all I've missed. You all know that my life has been insane this month, so you'll just have to forgive me!

On to Mad Music Monday -

I woke up singing the "So Long, Farewell" song from Sound of Music. I think I really just wanted to go back to sleep and I could still just picture little Maggie singing, "The sun. . . has gone. . . to bed and so must I". What a fun time we had friends! It makes me laugh to think about it! Anyway, the time change has made me sleepy. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE this time change because I LOVE that it stays light later. BUT I HATE losing an hour in order for that to happen! NOT FAIR! There is too much to do already and now we have less time to do it!!!! Oh well!!

My other fav song of the day is off of the Newsong Worship album, "Before the Day." Especially this week while we get used to the time change, its going to be hard to get that Quiet Time in every morning. I HATE that when I am rushed or get up late, THAT is the thing that gets cut. (My students like that I don't cut out the shower or brush my teeth part!) I always think, well, I can have my quiet time this afternoon or when the kids are in PE or something. 80% of the time, it just doesn't happen at all if I don't get it in first thing. It's not intentional. I don't MEAN to skip it, it just keeps getting pushed back and back until there is nowhere to push it anymore and it's time to do the next day's quiet time! So, "before the day slips away, I just wanna stop, and say I LOVE YOU." Of all things to leave out of the day, this should not be it. LOVE this song!!!

1 comment:

Beth said...

ahh! i want to hear maggie sing too!!! awe... i forgot that it was that time already! how precious! i sure do hope someone is taping it! that song (the newsong one) reminds me of sara groves' "the first song that i sing"... hehe! well, not that i have heard it, but similar story, you know. her song is like, my theme song in the mornings! yay! goodtimes, Godtimes... i love ya, dood!