Monday, March 20, 2006

Mad Music Monday

Oh! I bought soooo much music over the weekend that I am very excited about. I'll have to spread it out though!

My music for today is the new (and final) Watermark album. This album revisits a lot of their older stuff, but it is fabulous. One of the best parts is that it is a live album and has special guests such as Chris Tomlin and Shane & Shane. It is wonderful. I think the reason that I'm choosing this album as my choice for Mad Music Monday is less because of the music and more because of the reasoning behind this being the last Watermark album. Christy and Nathan Nockles (I hope I have those names right) have two beautiful children. They have discussed how it seems that too often their children get what is left of them instead of the best of them. They've realized that they only get one shot at being parents to these kids. They can make more music later. Nathan will continue to produce albums, but Christy is devoting all of her time to the ministry of being mom. I can't think of a higher calling. I love that this is a couple with a heart for Jesus and that they want to continue to serve Him. I also love that they can see that by being the best parents they can be to their children, they ARE serving Him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.