Thursday, March 16, 2006

Thing I Love Thursday

Thursdays.

I love that right after Thursday, comes Friday.

I love friendship.

I love trust.

I love honesty.

I love opening up. Well, no, opening up is scary. I love the feeling right after you've opened up and it all turned out ok.

I love to laugh.

I love tags!!! Which is why, I'm going to do Maleah's! (And Sabrina, you need to do this one too!)

Now, you must remember that I graduated from high school during the same year that these wonderful songs were in the Billboards Top 100 songs of the year:

Baby Got Back
I'm Too Sexy
Achy Breaky Heart
2 Legit 2 Quit
Bohemian Rhapsody


What a great year - culturally I mean.

There were a few good songs too though! And really, more than 5 that we listened to ALL THE BLESSED TIME! So here are just a few:

What graduation party in 1992 didn't play It's So Hard to Say Goodbye to Yesterday by Boyz II Men?

Amy Grant even made the top 100 multiple times that year with Good For Me and I Will Remember You and That's What Love is For.

Richard Marx (and all his hair) was still going strong with Take This Heart and Keep Coming Back

My man, Michael Bolton, was singing When a Man Loves a Woman andl Missing You Now and even Paula Abdul was Blowing Kisses in the Wind during my senior year.

Genesis described my friends and I and why we decorated for prom, but then went and had our own party instead when they came out with I Can't Dance :)

How Do you Talk to An Angel was HUGE that year as was No Tears in Heaven.

Guns-N-Roses had November Rain which will always remind me of Phil Zinser

Life is a Highway was pretty big that year too but not as big as our hair as Sarah and I would sing along!

We had tons of tunes and loved them all. It was a good time.

Fun wacky tag Maleah! Thanks!

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

Wow...it is so funny that when you read those song titles how fast you rewind back to that time frame. You had some pretty good songs for your year!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this page with me - it's weird, but I love it! You're weird - and I love you, too!!!