Monday, March 06, 2006

Mad Music Monday

The song stuck in my head today is Sara Groves' Less Like Scars. She wrote this song for me, ya know?
This song had just come out during a particularly hard time in my life and it was perfect:

It's been a hard year • But I'm climbing out of the rubble • These lessons are hard • Healing changes are subtle • But every day it's... • Less like tearing more like building • Less like captive more like willing • Less like breakdown more like surrender • Less like haunting more like remember • And I feel you here • And you're picking up the pieces • Forever faithful • It seemed out of my hands a bad situation • But you are able • And in your hands the pain and hurt • look less like scars and more like character • •

I'm proud to say that I was the first among many to discover Sara Groves. :) And because I love her SOOOOO much, I've shared her with many!!! But none of them can say they actually have a coffee house version of Past The Wishing, before she actually signed with a production company! I'm telling ya, I'm the winner here! :) (And only Beth and I can say that we went to see her in concert (with like 15 other people in the audience) and ended up feeding a disabled man pizza! Friend Beth, we have such strange stories together!!!)

I'll also say this: She really wrote the entire album All Right Here just for me. I know this because it exactly chronicles my life the year that I felt like my best friend decided to not be my best friend anymore. Which at the time was the most painful thing I had ever been through and has now turned into a magnificent blessing. (There are no hard feelings here - just an understanding of how God uses the painful to produce the spendid!) God is cool like that. And Sara knew it too, because she said it for me: "I'm not God I'm a girl I confess that I don't have sea of forgetfulness • No, it's all right here • It makes me stronger and makes me wince • It makes me think twice when I pick my friends • Oh, it's all right here it's all right here" And it IS all right AND alright!!! I have the best friends I have ever had or could ever imagine having now!!!! I haven't lost anything, God has blessed me with more than I thought I could handle! (Girls. sometimes you are more than ANYONE can handle!!)

Ha! Anyway, my kids are gone to PE, Sara and I are just relaxing. It's a good good time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm extremely happy that we have moved past the hurt and have forgiven each other. It was definitely a stressful time for us, huh?! But just like you and Sara Groves said, God picked up the pieces and gave us blessings though other people. I'm thankful that you have gotten to know such wonderful friends...you might never have had that opportunity otherwise. And God has shown us all so much...especially about forgiveness. Luv ya, Friend.