Friday, March 10, 2006

Favorite Friend Friday

Ok, I wanted to hold out even longer on this post - I don't know why I was trying to wait, but I was. And now I'm not.

My friend of the week is Sarai Gilbert. :) Cool last name, huh? The best gift my brother ever gave me was to marry one of my very best friends in the world. (Although, I'm pretty sure he didn't marry her just for me!) What a priceless treasure to know that we are going to be linked forever and to just have that assurance that this person isn't going anywhere!!!

Sarai and I have had a strange past together. I will never forget her in her overalls and pigtails singing Reba songs at camp when Wendy and I were camp directors. Nor will I forget Wendy and I taking her to the basement of the dining hall to ask her if she would come back to camp the next week and work as a Jr. Counselor. I don't really know what we were going for when we did that. Wendy and I just liked to do weird stuff like that! :)

How blessed I have been to work with her at camp ever since then! And then we had our fun Thursday night camp staff get-togethers at my house. Finally, for some strange reason, Sarai started hanging out a little more...oh yes. She started dating my brother! :) And that was great! Marty was living in Durham, but Sarai and I were both here so we bonded over lots of meals and FRIENDS and movies and just fun stuff. We've been through so much mess together. We've vented and cried and laughed and screamed together. I cannot imagine my life without her. The entire Gilbert family has been blessed by her marriage to Marty. In the past week, Sarai has once again come through for me. I know that regardless of what kind of mess is going on, she is always going to be there for me and she is always going to be on my side...well, unless I'm being stupid and then she'll just tell me that and I need that too! It is so great to know that she loves me no matter what and will have my back on any occasion!

Sometimes we go for days without talking. Other times, we talk 45 times during the day. It just depends on what is going on and what kinds of moods we are in!

I love that we share a brain and don't even have to talk most of the time.

I love that we can see something or read something and have the exact same reaction.

I love that she is ULTRA Organized! :)

I just love her!!!!

Poopie! I'm so blessed to know you!!! Thank you for being a friend......




Traveling down the road and back again.....

Ok. Sorry. I'm going now.

2 comments:

saraiwithani said...

Awww, Dood...This is just what I needed on my not-feeling-well day. I am SO blessed to be a part of your family, and can't wait for all the fun I know we are going to have together in the future! I LOVE YOU!!!

friendbrooke at everyday blessings said...

I have to agree...Sarai is a rockin' friend! We are so blessed!