Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Mad Music Monday

And the week begins with the most super short blog entries ever!

Today, I am walking through my house singing "I am Woman, hear me roar. . ." simply because I just fixed my toilet without the help of anyone!!

The problem was easy to diagnose. The toilet kept running and running and running after I flushed it yesterday morning....so I lifted the lid (because after a gazillion years of living in this house and a gazillion more working on camp Truett toilets, I know a thing or two about the toilet tank) and there, floating in the tank water, was the ball. For those of you who don't know, the ball isn't supposed to just float around in your tank. It should be attached to the stick that helps control the water level in your tank. (I'm quite certain that ball and stick ARE the technical plumber's terms for these items.) Anyhow, I stopped at Wal-Mart, bought a replacement ball, and replaced it my own self.

So, the music in my head at this point is, "I am Woman, hear me roar. . ." Sing along girls!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Hehe! I love you so much, friend! When I read this entry, I couldn't help but remember the crazy cartoon and the step-by-step instructions for fixing toilets in the camp manual a few years ago! Ha! Which then took me in memory to the fun (or not so fun, or fun because we made it that way) day that we put all these things together! All of which, finally reminded me of the simple and way too true fact that "we are just so good." I love you so much! Have a great day!