Monday, January 23, 2006

The One with the Beginning

So, I have succumbed to the peer pressure and created my own blog. What I have to say...I'm not really sure. And who wants to read it? I'm even LESS sure. But here I am, in all my spare time, typing random words for even more random people to read. Go figure! Maybe this is a good outlet. I talk all day long because I want my students to hear...they don't listen. So maybe I can get someone to pay attention to me here! :)

In reading my best friends' blogs, I have noticed a fun new trend - a trend that appeals to the AR/OCD part of me. A theme blog!! And today's theme, apparently, is music.

I woke up this morning singing, "Unadulterated Loathing" from the Wicked Soundtrack. Don't ask me what that meant about the beginning of my day, but it was in my head when I got out of bed. Go figure. I spent the rest of the day listening to K-Love Radio over my iTunes at school. And then the new FFH album, which I am still trying very hard to get into. Sometimes, I really like their sound. Other times...I really think they're whiney. Today was a whiney day! I do like the last "song" on the album although, it really isn't a song. It's a narration over the music, talking about how Jesus really connected to people by encouraging them and even just calling them by "name" - "brother" or "daughter" (which makes me think of one of my favorite stories, the story of the woman who touched the hem of his garment causing Him to turn and seek her out...the woman who had been "unclean" for so many years...untouched..unloved. I can only imagine how her heart leapt when HE searched for HER and then, when He found her, He called her DAUGHTER. THAT'S the amazing love we sing about!!) Anyway...the "song" goes on to talk about how God connected in the same way with Jesus- "This is my beloved Son in whom I am well pleased"...and how it was JESUS that God was pleased with. This was before He had performed any miracles. It wasn't His action, but His being that pleased the Lord. It's just the kind of inspirational message that makes me want to connect more with my God and then to connect with others through Him. It's very cool and if you haven't listened to it...well, you should!

Ok. So apparently, I had something to say. :) Unfortunately, now I must stop. The oil man didn't come again today which means my house is still CRAZILY cold and this room is the coldest! And my fingers are frozen in keyboard position!! So I'm off! Can't wait to see the theme my friends have cooked up for tomorrow!!

1 comment:

friendbrooke at everyday blessings said...

Best friend...I am so glad we were able to pressure you to do this with us! Fun times!