Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Playing Catch-Up!

Another Tell-All Tuesday and me, with nothing to tell!!!

Here's something not everyone knows....everyone who reads this does, but that's ok. Deal with it. :)

I own a clapper. I'm 31 years old, able-bodied, and I have a clapper. I didn't really buy the clapper because I was lazy. Well, maybe a little. I bought the clapper because I am cheap. You see, I have this TV in my bedroom. It's a special tv that came over with Noah on the ark. It is in fact so old that there are no buttons to push, only knobs to turn. There is not a remote , universal or otherwise, created that will work with this TV. But the TV works and is in good condition and I didn't want to buy a brand new tv just for the remote! It isn't a tv I use very much anyway.

I ONLY watch this TV when I am folding clothes in my bedroom or when I'm trying to fall asleep and don't have a book to read! The problem with that was by the time I got sleepy enough to turn the tv off and go to bed, I would have to get out of bed to turn it off...which would wake me up and then I'd need to watch more. Didn't work. So, I thought the clapper would be a perfect way to solve my problem. Well, the first time I used it, I watched tv until I got tired so I clapped....and then laughed for the next 45 minutes because all I could picture was that little old lady on TV who advertises the clapper. Well, laughing of course woke me up. I finally got used to the clapping and was able to use the clapper effectively......until I got bronchitis. Guess what happened everytime I coughed in my sleep? You got it! I would wake up to game show noises, gun shots, hysterical laughter and other random things. I have since discovered that you can control the sensitivity of your clapper device. That's a good thing.

So whether this post illustrates my laziness or my creativity, I'm not sure. But I told all! :)

Have a great day!

Oh! The twins are a year old today! What a good day! :)

1 comment:

saraiwithani said...

Clap on...(clap, clap)...clap off...(clap, clap)...clap on...clap off...the clapper (clap, clap) This, my friend IS a good thing!