Friday, February 03, 2006

Favorite Friend Friday #2!

This is still one of the hardest for me, but it's a good thing. I mean, I'm glad I have trouble because of TOO MANY friends instead of not enough! (If you can have too many!!)

Today I am choosing to talk about my friend Kim. Kim and I met in college through Joan, a mutual friend. (I actually met Kim AND Reuben in the same way.) We were basically just acquaintances then. Then, 6 years later, I walked into Fairview for my first day as a 5th grade teacher and she walks in for her first day as our music teacher. The rest is history. We had a wonderful two years teaching here together, (and having Tuesday Nigh Chick-Flick Nights with Bina - and Allie - technically!) and then she moved to Ohio to work on her doctorate. This didn't stop our friendship though. Through the wonder of email and phone calls we have managed to keep in touch. We even keep the roads pretty busy between here and there. I feel so blessed to be friends with this family. They are like my own...except, I like all of them! :) ANYWAY, after earning her doctorate, the Councill family moved to PA and now I'm running the roads to their new home. I feel AMAZINGLY blessed to have people in my life that care about me enough to let me crash at their house for two weeks and then, when it is time for me to go home, still act like they want me to stay! And then, in a moment of weakness, they ask me to come back and do it again next year! :) I love these guys tremendously. They are some of the precious people in my life that I can completely trust and count on and have a good time with and be serious with. People who know everything there is to know about me, and like me anyway! People who have my best interest at heart, but will still tell me when I'm being stupid and then kick me in the butt. I need that. I think the most special thing about this relationship is that it isn't just Kim, but the whole family that is so precious to me. Awwww, and now I have to go call them!

No comments: