Friday, February 24, 2006

Favorite Things Thursday

I didn't get to post yesterday. Honestly? Because I was just frustrated with so many things - most of them having to do with the computer. It's hard to write about your favorite things when you are frustrated. BUT today is a new day and aside from my broken tooth throbbing in my head, I'm ok today! So, here is my favorite thing for yesterday!

I have made a new discovery this past week - with the help of one of my coolest friends, Maleah! :) I decided on Friday to gather up all the change in my desk drawer. Now, I have a place in my desk where I just throw change for drinks or whatever, just for me. Then I also have zip-loc bags of change where the kids have purchased drinks from me on Friday. I then use that change to go buy more drinks for the next week - well, I'm supposed to. It was always just a hassle to get all that change together so I usually just paid for the drinks myself and let the change wallow around in the bottom of my drawer. Well, I got tired of looking at it so, on our way to Mars Hill for game night last Friday, Maleah and I stopped at the Credit Union and used the fun new Fat Cat Coin Counter. You'll never believe how much money I had in my DESK DRAWERS! $73.00!!!! Can you believe it?!!! This inspired me, so I went home and threw the money from my change jar into a bag. On Monday, I went back to the change machine. I really thought I didn't have as much change this time because instead of all the quarters from my desk drawer, I also had TONS of pennies and nickels. But Surprise, Surprise!! $158.00 later I was a very happy person!!! WoooooHoooo. I can't decide if I just like having a little extra money or if using the machine is just fun! Either way, it was a good time.

You know what else is a good time? Blogging with your best friends. I tell ya, this is what keeps me going, girls. I love learning more about you and exchanging comments. I spend too much time checking for comments on my blog and on yours!! But if you have to have an addiction, this is a relatively healthy one! It makes me laugh that I can see Sabrina everyday and still learn stuff by reading her blog. It also makes me laugh that we are sitting 3 feet from each other when we comment on each other's blog! Sarai and I can talk ALMOST everyday and still leave messages for each other! Too funny! Brooke and I are AIM sisters. We can be chatting WHILE we are posting a new entry and still learn something! I see Maleah at least once a week, usually twice or more, and still have a blast reading and posting comments on her blog, or seeing what she posts on mine. So, aside from blogging, I guess another of my favorite things is having you 4 girls as my closest friends - friends that I can depend on, laugh with, grow with! I love you guys!

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

Blogging is addicting and very cool! I, too, love learning new things about all of you. It is funny how you communicate with others so much, whether it is every day or a few times a week but yet there is still a lot to know about them. This is a fun way to find these things out! A lot of the things that have been written in the blogs are not things that normally come up in an everyday conversation anyway. Got to love it!

friendbrooke at everyday blessings said...

Extra money is one of the greatest surprises ever! Save it for an awesome shopping trip to either Commerece or Atlanta!

As for having all these blogging friends...I am not sure how I made it through live without you guys! What awesome friends we have! I am loving it!