Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Tell All Tuesday

Today I would like to tell you about the creation of the most beautiful holiday, but before I can do that, you must have a little of the back story...so here it is:

After Rob and I broke off our engagement, you might say that I was a little....bitter. Yes. That's a good word. So, when February 14th rolled around, you know I was a great person to be with. Actually, I'm not a moper. I'm not one to sit around feeling sorry for myself. Instead, I like to bless those around me with my sarcasm and wit. :) Lucky people. So, I referred to Valentine's Day that year as Black Monday. And the next, Black Tuesday...and so on. You see the pattern. Well, I thought this was funny, but then I decided to be funnier. I then created S.A.D. This has nothing to do with being a student or a drunk driver. S.A.D. is Single Awareness Day. I created Single Awareness Day as I watched people with their loved ones or with flowers their loved one had sent them. It was a beautiful thing, but there were so many people in this category that they didn't really stand out. The people who DID stand out were those who were by themselves without flowers or chocolates or goofy teddy bears with embroidered hearts on their tummies. Because of their LACK of things, I became very AWARE of them...and thus, the birth of Single Awareness Day.

Since the creation of SAD I have been able to send SAD Cards to my single friends. SAD Cards that I have created - they are stinking cute. I have also made SAD iron-ons and participated in the making of SAD T-shirts for singles groups far and wide. It's been a joy really. I enjoy sharing the joy of singleness. The Bible says: But we are not all the same. God gives some the gift of marriage, and to others he gives the gift of singleness." 1 Corinthians 7:7. It's a gift! Let's party!!!!

Awww...and my kids brought me chocolate and other fun things. It IS a party!!! :)

No comments: