Thursday, February 16, 2006

I AM NOT A COPYCAT! :)

I read about this thing on my friend Sarai's blog and thought that I would give it a shot too! (Promise...I won't start copying everything you do, friend. But you DID tag me!)

Four jobs I've had:
1. I worked at the Totem Pole, a craft shop my uncle, grandfather and dad bought into in the late 80s, on the Cherokee Indian Reservation. They paid me $1 an hour. I got to WALK to McDonald's for lunch, but still only had 30 minutes. And I got to interact with tourists all day long. It was just the greatest job ever. I liked it so much (instert sarcarsm) that I seriously spent the next TWELVE YEARS working at the Medicine Man - another...MUCH higher quality...craft shop on the res.
2. One summer, and I can't remember why, but I worked at the Medicine Man AND The Heavenly Fudge Shoppe. Great job, but I worked for some psycho people. Interestingly enough, I actually lost weight on that job! Something about being surrounded by chocolate 40 hours a week made me want to go home and grab a celery stick!
3. My best job isn't really a job. I started counseling at Truett Camp when I was 15 and, aside from one horrible summer, I've been there ever since. I'm now co director of Middle School AND High School Music weeks with some other cool Gilbert people! :)
4. And now, I get to teach 5th grade every day. For the last 7 years - right Bina? - I've been teaching at Fairview Elementary School. 90% of the time the job is FABULOUS. The other 10% it can be icky. But I LOVE who I get to work with and that makes it 100% GREAT!!!!!

Four movies I can watch over and over
1. Airplane
2. Truly, Madly, Deeply - Marty's favorite. :) Sorry. I thought I TOLD you it was a chick flick!?!
3. The Harry Potter Movies...any but #3.
4. The Divine Secrets of the YaYa Sisterhood...oh. and about 5,000,000 more...only, not The Mexican, right guys?

Four places I've lived:
1. New Orleans, La. Katrina did it in, but it DID survive my birth a zillion years ago!
2. Cherokee, NC-Birdtown to be exact. Yeah. I'm serious. Could I make that up?
3. Greensboro, NC-College years! What fun! And we all lived to tell about it!
4. Whittier, NC-Bought the old family home. The family is strong. The house is falling apart. Lucky me!

Four TV shows I love:
1. FRIENDS
2. American Idol
3. Two and a Half Men
4. Will and Grace - and more!!

Four places I've vacationed:
1. Nassau, Bahamas
2. Perdido Key, Florida
3. Cabo San Lucas, MX
4. Selinsgrove, PA - not quite as tropical, but TONS of fun! :)

Four of my favorite foods:
1. I love veggies! I can't help it! Brussel Sprouts, Cabbage, Squash, Turnips! All of 'em!
2. Chocolate - it helps balance out the Veggies!
3. Crab Legs!
4. Coke - I know this isn't a food, but it's one of my daily food groups so I had to include it!

Four albums I can't live without:
1. Lori's Greatest Hits 2003-2005 is my current fav, but it's an 8 CD set!
2. Sara Groves - All Right Here
3. Wicked Soundtrack
4. Shane and Shane

Four sites I visit almost daily:
1. www.yahoo.com
2. www.smnet.net
3. blogs blogs blogs
4. www.dailysudoku.com

Four places I would rather be now:
1. Sitting on a warm beach without any responsibility
2. Hanging out with friends
3. In PA
4. Right here - I actually kinda like it here at my house!

Four items in my purse:
1. Sunglasses
2. Burt's Bees
3. Calendar
4. Wallet - with no money, but lots of baby pics!


That was fun! Thanks Sarai! :)

No comments: