Monday, February 20, 2006

Mad Music Monday

It's another Mad Music Monday. Today I have not had much opportunity to listen to a lot of music. I woke up late and had to rush to get to school on time so there were no fun tunes this morning. However, Maleah did leave her Shane and Shane CLEAN CD in my car stereo so I got to listen to some fun music on my way to school.

Shane and Shane really rock my face off. I have listened to them off and on for a while now, but really started listening to them A LOT after we saw them in concert in Franklin. Their lyrics are incredible and their music is just so simple. It is very easy to have your own worship experience while listening to them. So, I'm running late for school this morning, stressing out, getting caught by every traffic light in the county. While I was at the third light, just sitting there looking pretty, I was trying to sing along with the song Waging War. This is the song that we all have struggled with in understanding the lyrics so, after many repeated listenings, I decided to search them out once and for all:

It haunts me so
This gloomy weight
That comes and goes
Without a trace
A thousand times my flesh embrace
A thousand more but if for grace

To see the Lord, the promise land
Where in sins pearly gates look bland
And what was once a pearl now sand
That blows away in light of Him

When battle lines become unclear
And the waging war is all I hear
Sustain me with Your voice
And the choice to walk in truth
And by the Spirit

That I might see this day
This waging war might go away
And be no more
That I might see His face
And hear Him say
Son, welcome home
The war is over

I loved the song before. Now I love it even more. Don't know about you, but I'm ready to go Home. I know there is a lot more for us to do here and I'm looking forward to that too, but just to know that you are finally HOME - I'm ready for that.

Well, this day has started out with me running late and I'm still behind in everything I am supposed to be doing so I must go grade a gazillion papers. :) Have a great week everyone!!!!

1 comment:

friendbrooke at everyday blessings said...

I also had to look up the words to that song...and am loving it! Shane and Shane rock my face off!