Thursday, February 16, 2006

These are a Few of My Favorite Things - Thursday

Things I love -

I love moments alone!!!!!!

I love getting Valentine cards from favorite friends - love you Brooke!

I love when my best friends and I share brain cells -
I do this CONSTANTLY with Bina - down to what we bring for lunch or what we wear. It's crazy. Sarai and I have always been pretty good at jumping on those same brain waves ourselves. Brooke and I started getting into each other's heads this summer. And now Maleah is able to hop in occasionally too! Wendy and I used to share a brain a lot, and even with so much time spent apart, we are still there! Once joined in brain waves, always joined! God is so incredible. I think we go through a lot of other relationships in life simply to learn about what they are supposed to be so we can really appreciate the good ones. And I do! Love you guys!!!!

I love being unique! And others who are too!! I love people who are just themselves and allow others to like them because of that. I watch kids in my class, and high school kids and even my college students all trying to be like other people just so other people will like them. Geez. What a waste! God made YOU to be YOU. So, go be YOU already. :) It's so nice when people finally grow up and into themselves and realize that it is GOOD to be yourself.

I love Allie and her momentary 4-year old breakdowns. Bina - you have the most precious child!

I love those moments in my classroom when everyone is quiet and I realize it is because they are all reading or writing and really just enjoying it!!

I love going home at the end of the day....so I think I will! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Must say that I love sharing those same brain cells. It just amazes me and cracks me up all at the same time. It is usually one of those, "SHUT UP!" moments..and then a fun, hysterical laugh..gotta love it!

Aw, and my wonderful 4 year old..who thinks that she should be much older...oh, the joy and wonder of what lies ahead. I thank God for her everyday! Aw, and I thank God for you everyday too, Lo!!!!!

Sabrina said...

Okay, so I must also add that having moments alone is a definite favorite of mine too! After a day of having wonderful fifth graders in your face all day long...moments alone are good.