Thursday, February 09, 2006

Favorite Things Thursday

I'm excited because today, for the first time, I kinda know what I'm going to write before I write it!!!

Things I Love:

Sometimes I get really frustrated about living here, but there are times that I LOVE LIVING IN A SMALL TOWN. Yesterday is the perfect example. On Sunday, my driver's side headlight went out. I still had bright lights, but only 1/2 of the dim. Well, of course, I didn't have time to even think about it again until yesterday. So, after school yesterday I went to Advanced Auto Parts and bought the bulb. I paid for it. The guy handed it to me. I smiled sweetly. He offered to put it in my car. How could I argue with that? Soooo, I let him....only, he couldn't do it. My car has to be more complicated than the regular pop out headlight thing. So the guy explains that he can't do it and I tell him how much I appreciate him just trying...so, he tells me to wait just a minute. And he leaves me there in the parking lot. A few minutes later he comes back and asks me if I know where Snappy Lube is. I tell him that I do, but that I thought they just did oil changes. He says, "They do, but Steve works there and he owes me a favor. If you'll drive down right now, Steve will meet you at your car." So I drove to Snappy Lube, Steve met me at my car, changed the bulb in my headlight and wouldn't take a penny for doing it! Can you believe it. Small town life. It isn't all bad! :)

My other favorite thing, (FriendBrooke, stop reading this now) is a snow day marked ANNUAL LEAVE which means, I don't have to go! :) LOVE IT! Of course, I had to wake up at 5:00 and see if it really was a snow day. About 5:20 I found out that it was. By then I was wide awake. But that's ok, because I didn't have to go anywhere! So I stayed home and got lots done!

Now, I'm going to get some stuff together, hop in the ol' Civic (complete with two headlights) and head towards Asheville. Hope the roads are good!!!


Is it wrong to pray for another snow day tomorrow? Hope not!!! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeap, that would not happen in Dallas, TX!!! Hope you have a snow day tmr! Warm and 70's here!